Commissioner of Indian Affairs,
I hereby make application for such share as may be due me of the fund apporpriated by the Act of Congress approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decree of the Court of Claims of May 18, 1905 and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokees. The evidence of idenity is herewith subjoined.
1. State full name--
English name: Wilbern Wells Carnes
2, Residence: Cherokee County
3. Town and Post office: Ball Ground
4. County: Cherokee
5. State: Georgia
6. Date and place of birth: Feby 11" 1849. Franklin Co. Ga.
7. By what right do you claim to share? If you claim through more than one relative living in 1851, set forth each claim separately: My father Wells Carnes
8. Are you married? yes
9. Name and age of wife or husband: Olivia Carnesa Oct 25 1862
10. Give names of yoiur father and mother, and your mother's name before marriage.
Father--English name: Wells Carnes
Mother--English name: Clara Carnes
Maiden name: Clara Herring
11. Where were they born?
Father: Franklin Co. Ga.
Mother: South Carolina
12. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time?
Father: Franklin Co., Ga.
Mother: Franklin Co. Ga.
13. Date of death of your father and mother--
Father: Dec 25" 1858 Mother: 1897
(Transcribed 13 Jun 2010 by Teresa McVeigh from microfilmed records obtained from NARA by Jim Gilmer)
GeneaBloggers.com: The End Is Almost Near!
11 hours ago