Sunday, March 4, 2018

Will of Thomas Looney, 1825, Isle of Man

Will of Thomas Looney (d. 1826 Isle of Man),leaving everything to his eldest son and heir,
Thomas. 
Transcribed by Averil Roper on "A Manx Notebook" website 
A Manx Notebook: Family History--Wills, L
Date: 10 July 2005 
Original: LDS: 0106244


In the Name of God  Amen
    I  Thomas  Looney  of   Ballagilly  in the parish
    of  KK  Maughold  being much  advanced in years
    and in decline of life. Knowing from the Course 
    of Nature, that I have not Long to Survive in this
    Transistory State of Life -  Do hereby - make and 
    appoint there presents to be my Last Will and
    Testament, Being of Sound Memory mind and
    Understanding of the Expression and declaration 
    of the same, Hereby Revoking and setting aside 
    all other Wills,  Wills in instruments to that 
    effect made, Signed executed or Otherwise previous 
    to this date hereof  -  I First Commit my Soul 
    into the hands of my Maker Almighty God 
    and my body to the Earth to be interred in a 
    decent like Christian Burial at the discretion 
    of my Hereafter Mentioned Executor.
    And as touching my Worldly Property that 
    I am or maybe in Possessed of. I leave devise and 
    bequeath in the following way  &  manner
Imprimis - I Leave devise and bequeath to all 
    and every of my Children, the Sum of One Shilling 
    british each as Legacy and all other persons 
    that may Presume to Claim any benefit from 
    this my will  -
Lastly I Nominate Constitute and appoint my
    Eldest Son and Heir at Law   Thomas  Looney
    my Whole and Soul Executor and Residuary Legatee 
    of all and every my Goods Chattels and effects of all 
    descriptions denominations Soever.  Bills bonds  - 
    obligations Securities, Mortgages  -  Accounts or what 
    ever Nature or denominations  with respect to
    Property  -  that I am entitled to  -     
    As  Witness my Subscription  This   21st  day of 
    April   1825
                     Thomas  Looney  my  X  mrk
The beforegoing Testamentry
words were expressed in Our
 presence, and by his the Testator
[desired] Committed to Writing 
and Requested of us to bear
Testimony of the Same.
                 John  Quilliam     }
                 William  Kerruish  }  Jurati

At a Chapter Court holden in  Ramsey 
on the   29th  day of  June   1826
Thomas  Looney  the Executor named in the
 foregoing will is sworn in Court in form of
Law and hath given Pledges for the payment 
of Debts and Legacies, namely the witnesses of 
the Will  -                      
              Probatum  est
                  [Ths]  [ Cubbon]      


No comments:

Post a Comment