Friday, January 8, 2010

Will of Lott IVIE (d. c 1812 GA)

WILL of LOTT IVIE

In the name of God, Amen. I Lott Ivie of the County of Randolph and the State of Georgia being in perfect mind and memory tho, weak in body do make this my last Will and Testament annulling all other Wills and Testaments.

First I recommend my soul to God who gave it, and my body to be decently buried, and as to my worldly goods which it has pleased God to bestow on me, I give and bequeath as follows: 1st All my just debts be paid. 2nd I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Winifred all my household and kitchen furniture, will all my stock of horses and cattle, sheep and hogs excepting one bed and furniture and one cow and yearling during her natural life. I like wise the part of my lot of land where I now live to a temporary line between my son John and myself excepting four acres where John Jones now lives. Likewise I give and bequeath to my son Benjamin Ivie the half lot of land where he now lives likewise I give and bequeath to my son John Ivie the part of my lot of land where he now lives so far as the temporary line between him and myself. Benjamin Ivie is to pay Thirty Dollars which is to equally divide between brothers and sisters excepting John. Likewise John Ivie is to pay Thirty dollars to be divided among his brothers and sisters excepting Benjamin. [An illegible line.]

Sally one bed and furniture, one cow & yearling. Likewise I give and bequeath to my grandson Russell Jones four acres of the corner of my land beginning at a cherry tree corner running along Jonah Hatcher's line to a road thence along the road to the corner of Jones; fence, thence to John Black's line. Thence along Black's line to the beginning.

I do constitute and appoint my wife Winifred, my son Benjamin and John Ivie to be my lawful executors. I acknowledge this to be my last will and testament. This 11th Day of August of 1812.

Lott Ivie

In the prescence of
William Leverett
Betsy Leverett
John Black

Transcribed from book "Ivie Family History: With Descendants of Thomas Ivie and Anderson Ivie," Thomas Marion tillotson, (self-published), 1997, p. 9

Note: Randolph County is now Jasper County, GA

No comments:

Post a Comment