Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Will of William BURRIS (2 Mar 1792, Darlington District, SC)

Will of William Burris

In the Name of God, Amen. I William Burris of Darlington County, and State of South Carolina, being of sound mind, but by an unforseen Accident much bruised in by Body, and in my own apprehension drawing nigh the end of my Life, do make and constitute this last Will and power, in the Manner following--

First I give and bequeath unto my son Samuel Burris one Hundred Acres of Land lying in the Middle of my Tract of Three Hundred acres----Secondly I give unto my son John Burris One Hundred Acres of Land lying at the lower end of my Tract of Three Hundred Acres--Thirdly, I give unto my Son William Burris One Hundred Acres of Land lying at the upper end of my Tract of Three Hundred Acres, which He shall not take into posession during the life of his mother Jane Burris, but by her free will and consent, It is also my desire that the above mentioned tract of Land be run again and an equal division made between my Three Sons above mentioned---

Also I give and bequeath my beloved wife Jane Burris all and every part of my moveable estate during her remaining a Wide [sic], but if she Marries she shall divide equally with all my Children.

In Witness of the within Will I have here unto set my hand and Seal this 2nd Day of March 1789 in the presence of us,

           his
William x Burris (LS)

          mark


Witnises}
J. B. Turner
Daniel Miers
Mary Turner
Robert Nettles


Furthermore I lastly appoint Sam'l Burris my Son and Jane Burris my beloved wife to be my Executors to this my last will and Testament






Transcribed by Teresa McVeigh 7 Dec 2009 from http://www.archivesindex.sc.gov/
All Rights Reserved
Copyright © Teresa McVeigh 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment