Sunday, May 16, 2010

James DAVENPORT's Will (recorded 3 Feb 1804)

Two abstracts of James Davenport's Will.
Some Georgia County Records Vol 2, Rev. Silas B. Lucas, Jr., Southern Historical Press, 1977, Easley, SC, p. 131-2, will abstract:

James Davenport of Oglethorpe Co. To my beloved wife Francis Davenport one Negro girl Amelia, & furniture. To my son John Davenport one Negro boy Carr. To my son James Davenport the tract of land where he now lives. To my son William Davenport $500 in lieu of, and for money advance me, and other services some years past. At my wife's death the remainer of my estate to be divided among my children, one sixth each to sons James, William, and Jesse Davenport, and my daughters, Susanah Hewell, Frances Hewell, and Henrietta Johnson. Exor: Wife Frances and John, James, William and Jesse Davenport. Dated 1 Dec 1803. Signed: Jas. Davenport. Wit: Wm. Harvie, Jno. Moore, Wm. Moore. Rec. 3 Feb. 1804.

Oglethorpe Co. (GA), by Sarah Quinn Smith, 1962, Wills: Will Book A, p 131

pg. 14 Abstract of James Davenport will:

Davenport, James. Recorded Feb. 3 1804.

To beloved wife Frances gifts, including all household furniture. To son John Davenport. To my son James Davenport the tract of land he now lives on. To my son William Davenport five hundred dollars and other considerations. Lands to beloved wife Frances all my estate both real and personal during her life and at her death to be equally divided amongst my children hereafter named. I give to sons James, William, and Jesse Davenport one sixth part of residue. To my daus. Susannah Hewell, Frances Hewell, and Henrietta Johnson one sixth part. Exrs: Wife Frances Davenport, John Davenport, James, William, and Jesse Davenport. Wit: William Harvie, J.W. Moon, William Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment