Sunday, May 16, 2010

Will of James DAVENPORT (01 Dec 1803 Oglethorpe County, GA)

Transcription of the Will by SharonDavenport60 on Ancestry.com 1 Jan 2010:


Transcription of the Will of James Davenport by SharonDavenport60 on Ancestry.com 1 Jan 2010:

Will of James Davenport 01 Dec 1803 Oglethorpe County, GA

In the name of God Amen -

I James Davenport of the County of Oglethorpe and state of

Georgia being of sound mind and memory, do make constitute, and

appoint this my Last Will & testament, in manner & form following that is

to say, first -

I give my beloved wife Frances Davenport one negro girl Amelia

with her futer (sic) Increase, with all my household & Kitching (sic)

Furniture to her, her heirs & assigns forever.

Secondly, I give to my son John Davenport one negro boy Cart

to him his heirs and assigns for ever -

3rdly I give to my son James Davenport the tract of land

whereon he now lives, to him his heirs & assigns forever -

4thly I give to my son William Davenport five hundred Dollars in

lieu of & for money advanced me; & other services some years past, & if

the aforesaid sum of five hundred Dollars should not be sufficent, when

an Equaltable adjustment can be obtained, including the Interest of the

money advanced - it is my disire that a sufficent sum be drawn, out of

that part of my Estate lent to my beloved wife, at her death as shall be

sufficent.

5th I lend to my beloved wife Frances Davenport, all my Estate

of every kind whatsoever both real & personal (not heretofore Disposed

of)during her natural life; and at her Death to be equally divided,

amongst my children William, & Jesse Davenport, one sixth part each of

what there may be at my said wifes Death, to them, their heirs & assigns

for ever -

I also give to my three daughters Susanah Hewell Frances

Hewell & Henritta Johnson one sixth part each of what there may be at

my said wifes death During their natural lives & at their or either of

their Deaths their or either of their parts to be divided amongst their

respective children & their heirs & assigns forever

Lastly I do nominate & appoint my beloved wife Frances

Davenport Executrix John Davenport & Jesse Davenport - Executors of

this my last will & testament hereby Revoking all others heretofore by

me made; in testamony whereof I have hereunto affixed my seal &

subscribed my name this first Day of December 1803

Signd & seald & acknowledged " Jas. Davenport

in prisents of ---

Wm. Harvie }

J. W. Moore } Recorded Feby. 3rd day 1804

Wm. Moore }

No comments:

Post a Comment