Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Will of William Hewell

Will of William Hewell
9 Sep 1818
Oglethorpe County, GA, Will Book B, pages 166

In the name of God amen. I William Hewell of Oglethorpe County Being in my perfect senses do make & ordain this as my last will and Testament --- First my will & desire is that my son Jas D Hewell (Should he live to return from the army) have my beast & saddle & all my carpenters tools of every description for money lent & services done heretofore.

2ndly, my will  & desire is that my beloved wife Susannah Hewell have one Bed & furniture during her life.

3rdly my will & desire is that all the residue of my property be sold & all my just debts be paid, & the overplus be equally divided among my four children (to wit) Frances Rosberry Charlotte Pass Jas D Hewell and Susanah Davenport –

4thly I appoint Wyatte Hewell & Jouett Davenport my executors to this my last will & testament revoking all others, to which I hereunto set my hand & seal this 9th day of Septr 1818

Signed and acknowledged In presence of

            his
William X Hewell
          mark

John Andrew
Gabriel Christian
Josa Ragan

Probate of will follow:
State of Georgia }
Oglethorpe County }

You John Andrew & Josa Ragan do solemnly sware that
you saw the within named William Hewell sign seal
publish & declare the within Instrement of writing to be his last will &
testament & at the time of his so doing he was of sound mind & memory to the
best of your knowledge & belief, so help us God

John Andrew
Josa Ragan
NB Ragan did not see him sign
But heard him declare this his will
Sworn to & subscribed in open
Court novr term 1818
Ordered to be recorded
MaRainey C. C. O.
Recorded the 6th of November 1818
MaRainey C.C.O.

suanj  originally submitted this to Turkett/Johnson Family Tree on 8 Aug 2009 on Ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment