Sunday, May 24, 2015

Will of Martha (Beazley) Reynolds, 1753, Essex County, Virginia


In the name of God amen I Martha Rennalds of the County of Essex widow being in Perfect Health & of mind and memory sound as usual for preventing disputes which might arise about such Estate as I shall leave at my death do make and ordain this my last will and Testament as follows Imprimatur: I give unto my son Cornelius Rennalds the use of my Negro Boy Will


During his natural life and after his death to his Heirs forever also I give my said son after my Decease my great Bible. Item I give and bequeath all the Residue and Remainder of my Estate Real and personal to my Five five children and Grand Child hereafter named Viz: Cornelius Rennolds Elizabeth Rucker Ann Beazley Manrgaret Leandall Mary Goode and my grandson Cornelius Reynolds son of William Reynolds Deceased—to be equally Divided amongst them, lastly I do Constitute and appoint my son Cornelius Rennolds & my son in law Thomas Rucker Executors of this my Last Will and Testament. In witness I have hereunto set my Hand and seal this  
Tenth day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and fifty three—

Sign’d sealed & Published
In the Prescence of us

Martha (M her mark) Reynolds (seal)
David Dishman
Thomas Reynolds
William Moore

At a Court held for Essex County, at Tappahannock on the 18th Day of September Anno Dom. 1753

This Last Will and Testament of Martha Reynolds Deceased was Presented into Court by Cornelius Reynolds one of the Executors therein mentioned who made oath hereto and the same being proved by the oaths of David Dishman & Thomas Reynolds two of the witnesses hereto and thereupon the same is admitted to us and on the motion of the said Cornelius and his performing what the Laws in Such Cases Requires Certification  is granted him for obtaining a probate hereof in due form—

Test. John ?


248 
Know all ye men by these presents that we Cornelius Rennolds , Thomas Rennolds & Davis Dishmore are held and firmly bound unto Thomas Waring William Dangerfield Mungo Roy William Roane and Simon Miller Gent. Justices for Essex County in the sum of two hundred pounds Current money to be paid said Justices and their successors his Executors, Administrators, and assigns. To the which payment well and truly to be made we bind ourselves and every of us, our Heirs, Executors, and Administrators, jointly and severally, firmly by these presents. Sealed with our seals, dated this 18th Day of September Anno Dom. 1753

The Condition of this obligation is such That if the above bonds Cornelius Rennolds Executor of the last Will and Testament of Martha Rennolds Deceased do make or cause to be made a true and perfect Inventory of all and singular the goods, Chattels and Credits of the said Deceased which have or shall come to the hand & Possession or Knowledge of any other person or persons for him and the same vs made do exhibit into the County Court of Essex at time as he shall be – here unto required by the said Court of the same Goods, Chattels, & Credits of all other the Goods, Chattels, and Credits of sd. dec’d. which at any time after shall come to Hand or Possession of any other person or persons for him to well and truly administer according to laws & further to make a true and just account of his actings and doing therein when thereto required by sd. Court & also shall well and truly pay & deliver all decrees contained & specified in sd. Testament as far as Sd. Goods, Chattels, & Credits will there unto extend of the laws shall charge then this obligation to be Void & of None effect or else to remain in full force of Virtue.  
Cornelius Reynolds (seal)
Thomas Rennolds (seal)
David Dishman (seal)

At a Court held for Essex County at Tappahannock on the 18th day of September Anno Dom. 1753
Cornelius Rennolds Thomas Rennolds & David Dishman acknowledged this bond to be their proper act of deed and the same is admitted to record is truly recorded. 
 Test. John ?




No comments:

Post a Comment